- Alloy 59
Alloy 59 has particularly low concentrations of carbon and silica and it is characterized by excellent corrosion resistance as well as high strength. Typical applications are:
- Plant components for organic chemistry processes with media containing chloride, especially where catalytic systems on chloride basis are used.
- Multipurpose plants in the chemicals industry,
- Plant parts in active substance preparation and the pharmaceuticals industry
- Scrubber, heat exchangers, flaps, ventilators and agitators for flue gas desulfurizati on (FGD) in fossil fuel power plants and waste combustion plants
- SO2-washers for ship diesel engines
- Components for seawater and concentrated brines
- Equipment and components for geothermal energy and acid gas applications
- Reactors for acetic acids and acetic anhydrides
- Reactors for hydrofluoric acid
- Sulfuric acid coolers
|Yield strength 0,2% :||340||≥ N/mm²|
|Hardness Vickers:||250||≤ HV|
1120° C followed by water quenching
Excellent resistance against a multitude of corrosive media under oxidizing and reducing conditions, outstanding resistance against chloride induced pitting and crevice corrosion, as well as resistance against stress corrosion cracking, excellent resistance in mineral acids such as nitric, phosphoric, sulfuric and salt acids, but especially against sulfur/salt acid mixtures, excellent resistance in contaminated mineral acids, very good processing characteristics and weldability with low propensity to form hot cracks, very resistant to sensitivation.
Alloy 59 can be welded using conventional processes with metals of the same type as well as many other metals. This includes TIG, GMAW (MIG/MAG), plasma, electron beam welding and handheld electrical welding.